Rotterdam as host city and congress venue
Rotterdam is the second largest city in the Netherlands and is well known for its port. The port of
Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe and third largest in the world. The city is becoming increasingly popular as tourist destination. Rotterdam has been named one of the top cities in the world for travelers according to Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2016! Rotterdam is a cosmopolitan city with much to offer for both locals and visitors. Futuristic architecture, inspired local initiatives such as inner-city canal surfing, a proliferation of art and a surge of drinking, dining and nightlife venues make Rotterdam one of Europe’s most exhilarating cities right now. Rotterdam has a diverse, multi-ethnic community and a wealth of top-class museums like the ‘Kunsthal’ and ‘Boijmans – ‘Van Beuningen’. Modern architecture fans will explore the cities landmark buildings such as the Erasmus Bridge, the Euromast, the Rotterdam Towers and the Market Hall. The distinctive swanlike Erasmus Bridge and The Erasmus University were named after the famous humanist, theologian and philosopher Desiderius Erasmus, who was born in Rotterdam in 1466.
Rotterdam Top 10 Tourist Highlights
- Netherlands’ largest building “De Rotterdam”
- The stunning revamp of the Central Station
- The Erasmus Bridge, nicknamed ‘The Swan’
- The Van Nelle Factory, UNESCO World Heritage
- The kubus houses representing a forest
- The masterpiece-filled Museum Booijmans van Beuningen
- Witte de With, Rotterdam’s coolest street
- The Dutch Fotomuseum, located in a former warehouse
- The impressive Markthal, the first indoor market in the Netherlands
- Dinner in the hip De Hofbogen, a former train station
For more information on attractions, architecture, shopping, drinks and dining in Rotterdam, please visit Rotterdam.info or Rotterdampartners.nl.